P5 Park Designated Attributes Eligibility
Pier 5, a Landmark Park at the Head of Boston Harbor, is a Unique Public Realm, View and Structure which fits the bill of the following officiated value designations of:
- Special Place DSP. According to the Dept of Environmental Protection? DEP?
- Special Public Destination Facilities (SPFD).
- Facilities of Public Accommodation (FPA) DEP Commonwealth of Mass
- Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) https://www.martin.fl.us/CRA
- Destination Development Capital (DDC) Program Application
Municipal Harbor Plans:
Special Public Destination Facilities (SPDFs)
• FPAs that enhance the destination value of the waterfront by
serving significant community needs, attracting a broad range of
people, or providing innovative amenities for public use
• SPDFs have been used in MHPs as a primary way to mitigate for
potential negative impacts to the pedestrian environment