Harbor Habitat Factors
Building on Pier 5 compounds the problems below
Restoring and Reopening Landmark Park
Pier 5 catalyses the benefits below
Over 200 Bird Species depend on the Harbor Habitat. In late fall and winter, great flocks of waterfowl gather in harbor waters.
- Birds depend on the pier for play, biodiversity, to hunt, feed, and breed
- Birding (Bird Watching) – Audubon Auspices
- Absence of bird songs is noise pollution
- Absence of Natural Sounds such as Birds affects Mental Health
- It is an urgent ecological warning like a bird in a mine.
- Loss of Birds is Loss of Habitat
- To build a bird sanctuary cost……
- Gulls, terns, herons, ducks, geese, hawks, cormorants, plovers, sandpipers, doves, owls, woodpeckers, hawks, songbirds and perching birds to name a few
– National Park Service Massachusetts
Be Aware of the Birds!